Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

DPD2011 Messages

Personal messages from fans to Ted.

. . . [M]y inspiration is that my love of reading and writing was sparked only after I read the Circle series. Before I read them, I had never written for enjoyment. And I didn't enjoy reading at all. Now I can't get enough of it.
-David Iseminger II

 You've completely changed the way I think and the way I write. Thank you so much for your books.
-Sarah Elisabeth Newman

Your books have been a beautiful part of my life, God has used them to help me grow in ways my imagination could not have dreamed of. Thank you for being such a dedicated story teller, you've changed lives, including mine. :) God's creativity be with you!
-Emma Sangalli

"Thanks for allowing yourself to be such an amazing tool in the hands of our Savior. Your books made my love for Christ come alive, and He 'danced with me in fields full of colors I've never seen.' God bless you Ted!
-Caroline Madison

Ted, I love what you wrote in Red about the ending of Justin's life and how Rachelle and Thomas led the faithful to drown themselves in the red lake. I saw many parallels between Justin's death and Jesus' death and between the drownings and our baptisms. I was reminded of Christ's passion for us, His sacrifice for us, and our need to die (to our selves) so that we may live. That whole scene made such an impact on me that I feel like I'm living in a higher plane of love than I ever knew before. And the story you wrote for Darsal and Marak . . . what a great example of servanthood that is. I hope that I will always remember to love the Horde in my life. Thank you so much. And keep on keepin' on! ^o^
-Shari Hughes

I have always written, but not to the extent I have since i started reading your truths within your stories. I was always fearful for what people would say, for the stories i tell are dark and twisted. You took the nerves away and helped me realize that darkness can't be hidden. You inspire, in some way or another, every aspect of my stories. This is such an understatement for all that you do, God has trully blessed us with your writing that gives truths without anything hidden. God bless you Ted
-Tarran Gill

Dear Mr. Ted Dekker, I was told to write you a short message, but seeing as I have about five pages worth of things I want to say to you...SHORT might be a little difficult... So I'll try to sum it up in a few sentences.
1. You're amazing
2. You've totally inspired me
3. I need to meet you some day so I can give you those five pages of my mind and possibly get some input
So anyway, thanks again for being so awesome... And for totally enhancing my view of God and His incredible love for us. :) In Elyon's love,
-Samantha Gendi

Dear Ted, thank you for being such an inspiration to me. I've been reading your books for about 8 years now, and you've never stopped amazing me with the different twists and turns and even the endings in every book!
Recently, I found and bought a Circle pendant. I've been wearing it every day, of course. About the third day, I asked some of my friends on our recently formed forum, Authors for Elyon, what I would say to someone, in two sentences if they asked what it represented. I was surprised when a number of them said no one would ask what it meant. I finally got a decent answer that was short enough. Sure enough, someone asked me if it represented anything and what. I was able to tell him a little bit about you and witness at the same time! He was genuinely interested in the Circle! In that moment, I was thankful to God for you and your ingenuity that God has gifted you with! May you be continually blessed to the end of your days.
Elyon's Strength!
-Erica Mae Henning


Elyon's Strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment