Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ted's Response to Dekker Pride Day 2011!

The day worked great! We even get to involve Kevin and Gregg! I feel so honored by Ted's response. My day, along with the day of countless others, was made.

First of all, Ted sent us this message:

All you guys on the Dekker’s Pride Day blog, thank you so much for your encouraging comments! And seeing those pictures of the collections of books with you guys... Wow, my life’s work, right there in one photograph with a real person, each of you so beautiful. Surreal... I want to hug you all! The whole notion that my words have inspired you to read and write in different ways is mind boggling to say the least. I spend so much time deep in my stories, its easy to forget that what I'm writing will soon live in someone else's heart and mind, and bind us together. I read all your messages and looked at each photograph. 

This week as I write The Sanctuary, I will write with each of you in mind. I will write for you and with you, yes? May your creativity be sparked and flamed as you consider your beauty no matter how dark the day, one of the central themes of my stories. I'm humbled and honored that you would take time to express your gratitude. Even more that these books have created meaning in your lives.

Elyon's strength!
Ted Dekker

And then, he posted a status about us on Facebook! How awesome is that?


Thank you so much, Ted! You just went from being one of my favorite authors ever, to being HIGHER on my list of favorite authors ever! You'll forever be one of my heroes. Thank you!

Reuben Horst
Representing Authors for Elyon

P.S. Elyon's strength, and Ted rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment